Worldwide, around 70 to 80-percent men and 40-50-percent women are experiencing hair loss nowadays. To regain the lost hair, most people often use over-the-counter products like topical treatments, minoxidil (Rogaine). But the result of these topical products begins to reverse as soon as you stop applying them.
Hair transplant Turkey is a more refined and more successful method than over-the-counter hair restoration products, as it provides a permanent solution to baldness.
The first transplant was done in 1939 in Japan with single scalp hair. Since, physicians began developing the “plug” technique, which involves transplanting large grafts of hair from the thicker sections of scalp or body to the areas with bald spots. Over the years, the surgeons have come up with mini- and micro-grafting techniques to minimize the appearance of transplanted hair on the scalp.
Do hair transplants work?
Yes, hair transplant Turkey does work. But there are some factors to consider:
• It depends on the age of the person. Younger people are more likely to see better results compared to older people
• Anywhere from 10 to 80 percent of the treated hair are known to fully grow back within three to four months after hair transplant Turkey
• Just like your regular hair, the transplanted hair will also thin over time
• People with dormant hair follicles may observe less-effective transplant results. Nonetheless, this procedure helps in 75-percent or more transplanted hair to grow back completely.
How much does hair transplant Turkey cost?
Hair transplant cost Turkey is expensive (ranging from $15,000 to $25,000) in most European countries, however, the cost of hair transplant Turkey is quite reasonable – it lies anywhere between $1,700 and $2,000.
The final cost of the procedure may depend on the following:
• the extent of the transplant procedure
• number of hair grafts required
• availability of surgeons in Turkey
• experience of the surgeon
• chosen hair transplant technique
In addition to transplant cost, overnight hospital stay and aftercare medications charges may add to your bill.